- TECHNICAL DETAILS
The PL-2 Valkyrie is the brightest compact weapon light on the market using a CREE XHP35 HI Led delivering a scorching 1200 lumens.
The light uses two side by side CR123A batteries in common form factor to the industry for a known and comfortable feel. The light features a TIR optic lens providing a 245-meter-long focused beam that is still wide enough to see all around you to eliminate any blind spots in the dark. The heavy duty quick attach and release mounting system allows the light to have a tight hold on any firearm with a 1913 or Glock style rail.
The ambidextrous switch allows the user to continue to use their preferred grip on the firearm while still being able to activate the switch at a moment's notice in a high-stress situation.
The PL-2 Valkyrie is a highly powerful self-defense tool which will blind an aggressor at close proximity indoors while still offering an extremely long distance for perfect use on rifles like the AR-15.
|Beam Distance (ft)||770|
|Beam Distance (m)||235|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||1200|
|Charge type||Optional charger|
|Compatible Batteries||2 x CR123A/RCR123A|
|Light Intensity (candela)||13800|
|Light Form||Standard hotspot diameter with impressive distance. The perfect all-around beam profile.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||TIR reflector (big, defined wide hotspot)|
|Mode Operation||Side Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Small size (Car key / Zippo Lighter)|
|Series PL||P Series PL (gun flashlight)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||1200|
|Run-time LEVEL 1||
|SOS / BEACON||No|
|Weight (g / oz)||80 / 2.82|
|Length (mm / in)||82.5 / 3.25|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||32.5 / 1.28|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||36.5 / 1.44|
|Led||Cree XHP35 HI|
|Use||Police, military, tactical use|
- I bought the PL-2 a few months...I bought the PL-2 a few months ago. It's on my Duty G19. Full disclosure; I replaced an old Streamlight M3, so just about anything would be a step up. However, this PL-2 is incredibly bright. It was a fantastic value at 50% off. Worth the cost at full price. A bonus was that it fit in the same holster as it did with the M3.
- Blindingly bright! I purchased...Blindingly bright! I purchased one of these for my wife's bedside .45. It puts out a ridiculously bright beam. It has an excellent spot and throw. It looks and feels extremely well made. While it is on the larger size, it is actually pretty light. The strobe function is a nice touch as well. It attaches and detaches easily, and feels very secure!
- What a fantastic weapon light ...What a fantastic weapon light this is! Great output, easy to use, and enough power to use on a pistol, rifle, or shotgun. Lot of value for the money here! Buy with confidence.
- A well-built light, it would s...A well-built light, it would seem. Lower profile than a similar Streamlight. The beam is a bit too narrow, unfortunately. And one of the buttons is stiff and mushy (the other is crisp and lighter).
Not a bad light, but I prefer one of my Streamlight HL-1s to this one.
- The Olight PL-2 Valkyrie is, b...The Olight PL-2 Valkyrie is, by far, the very best weapon light I have ever utilized. I firmly believe that a handgun carried for tactical or self defense purposes should always have a light on board because I want to be sure of my target. I've used other leading brands, and I can tell you that they do not hold a candle to the PL2. I have one of these on my M&P 15, as well as my M&P handgun. There is so much value in these lights, and they simply cannot be beat. You won't regret getting this light.
- In my review dated 30/04/2018 ...In my review dated 30/04/2018 I stated that the PL-2 would not fit on the rail of the new Ruger PC Carbine. That is true, but a short section of 1/2" riser solves the problem nicely, allowing the back of the light to clear the stock and sling stud. There's no reason to think the PL-2 will be any less reliable than my other Olight flashlights, so I'll change my rating to 5 stars.
- I bought 3 of these and love e...I bought 3 of these and love em! Replaced my TLR’s on both my pistols and one for my rifle! I already cleared 2 houses with it and my partners were amazed and stated how it lit up the whole house. Also The fit into my safariland light bearing holster (fitted for my TLR!)
- Great light! Super bright! I b...Great light! Super bright! I bought this for my M&P 2.0 compact. Fits great, might be a bit bulky for my pistol, so I ended up putting on my M&P .40 that sits in my nightstand. Its a unbelievably great light. Tough as nails and will blind you.. Which is the entire purpose.
You can't beat the price on this.. If you are wondering.. Stop and buy it.. worth more than they are charging.
- I bought this during the flash...I bought this during the flash sale and oh man was it worth the wait! This lights construction is super sturdy! SUPER bright! Worth paying full price for! Highly recommend for anyone who's looking for a home defense light
- Just received the PL-2 and it ...Just received the PL-2 and it appears to be very well constructed. Unfortunately, it does not fit on the fore end rail on the new Ruger PC Carbine, which was my intended use. Otherwise, it is a very impressive bit of gear.
- Bought this during one of thei...Bought this during one of their flash sales. What a incredible weapon light! It's a little bulky, but attached to my full size m&p it feels right. Super bright, easy controls, easy attachment, and priced very reasonable... Your holster choices are limited, but some of the big names are starting to see the "light". O light makes a quality weapons light at a reasonable price. Get one you won't regret it!
- I have been on the fence with ...I have been on the fence with this light for a while. Decided to get this light during the flash sale. Now I regret not buying more than one. WOW, what a light. Super bright, great beam profile. Feel so natural using the light. I really wished I have bought another one. I highly recommended it. Can’t beat it for the price.
- First off, I received my PL-2 ...First off, I received my PL-2 faster than I expected!!! Right out of the box the PL-2 fits perfectly on my XD-9 with the Glock bar! Like no wiggle at all!!!
Controls are easy to use even with gloved hands. In my opinion the strobe function is even more disorienting because of the 1200 lumens.
Final verdict is I love this light!!! I should have ordered more than one.
Also, thanks Olight for the show of appreciation.
- With high volume internet traf...With high volume internet traffic and serve storm weather starting just at the flash sale, Olight still came through for me. Weapons' light and spare batteries came sooner than expected. It work flawlessly. Came with two rechargeable batteries already installed inside the unit. Just had to remove the plastic battery tabs and change out the glock adapter for the 1913 pic rail adapter for my sig p226. Overall very satisfied with the product and customer service.
- Light came today with a free i...Light came today with a free i3E EOS light for the issues during the flash sale (very classy). The light is SUPER bright! The construction seems really good and I love the mounting system with the QD lever. This is a winner! I'm thinking of selling my Streamlight to purchase another one of these! Very impressed.
- Without a doubt a fantastic we...Without a doubt a fantastic weapon light. I bought 2 one for my glock 19 gen and another for my CZ 75D. The light fits both guns like it was made for it. Great construction, sturdy, very clean looking, and produces a great output of light! I'm very impressed. If you are one the fence about getting one, I highly recommend you go for it you will not be disappointed! Will be buying more for my my others guns! Thanks Olight for a great product!
- Man, I'm not kidding when I sa...Man, I'm not kidding when I say Olight has impressed the hell out of me again. I bought a pl-mini a few months ago and still can't stop saying great things about that light. This pl-2 is amazing! Superb build quality and ergonomics, and this little thing is incredibly bright! I compared it to all my other weaponlights (tlr-1hl, wmlx gen1, wml gen2, c5l, and as I already stated pl-mini) and there's no comparison. The pl-2 desemates any competitor's light and considering the price anyone would be a fool not to buy two of these. Which by the way, I'm kinda kicking myself now for not buying two during the flash sale. I don't work for Olight but everyone I talk to swears I do because I can't shut up about these weaponlights. I also would like to point out the fact that I haven't seen customer service as good as olightstore in a long time. It really feels good to be appreciated as a customer and given more reasons to come back and buy more awesome lights.
- This light is incredibly brigh...This light is incredibly bright and surpasses my Viridian Green Laser/Light combo on my Glock 17. I would highly recommend this light for anyone needing a light on their weapon. Since this light has two CR123 batteries the LED will stay on much longer than my previous Viridian light.
- Got this for my Windham AR15 a...Got this for my Windham AR15 and mounted it on the bayonet lug, my goodness this is excellent and much better looking than some oversize flashlight! Recommend for damn sure!!!!
- Rock solid mount on my Glock, ...Rock solid mount on my Glock, fantastic light output. I have owned all versions of the Surefire X300, and sent back a Streamlight because I did not care for the beam profile. The PL-2 blows them all away with it's light output and the quality is equal to both, if not a little better. The only disappointment I have is the 1913 rail mount, I bought this for my AR-15 and when mounted with the 1913 adapter it moves and you cannot tighten it. There is no slop forward and backward (front to back of gun) but it rocks on the rail and I believe it is because the adapter does not span the full length of the 1913 notch. So unfortunately it has sat in the box until I figure out what I will use it for, so just a heads up if you plan to use it on picatinny rails. Maybe I received a bad one, but I cannot use something that does not mount solidly on the rail. Overall the light is really nice, bight and works well on a Glock.
- This is a must have on your we...This is a must have on your weapon. I have mine on the G22 FDE and its an amazing weapon light. Very good quality. the prices are great. If your looking for thr right weapon light I would say this is your light!!
- I have had this WML for about ...I have had this WML for about 6 months now. I use it on a XDM and carry it everyday. I love the build quality of this light and have owned several other weapons mounted lights in the past, and this is bar none the best. It is bright enough I have mounted it on my AR and carried it that way as well. With the quick connect design, it is a very quick and easy transition to take it from a pistol to a long rifle in a matter of seconds. I have been so impressed with how well this light works. Again, this a tool that i use and I don't baby my tools, they are tools of the trade to get the job done and this one was designed to not let you down. Thank you Olight for making such a wonderful Light. I cant wait to see what you come up with next.
- I was debating for a long time...I was debating for a long time on if I should get another Streamlight TLR-1, upgrade to the TLR-1HL or get the PL-2 Valkyrie. Well, I chose this one and I was not disappointed. Noticeably brighter than the TLR-1HL as it should be since it's a full 400 lumens brighter. I am going to see how well it holds up, but have no doubts after being able to feel the construction of it first hand. Looking forward to adding a few more. Now on to find a holster...
- Are you kidding me? If anyone ...Are you kidding me? If anyone is debating whether to get the Olight PL-1 II VALKYRIE or this one...get this one. In terms of brightness it is a night and day difference. I own both and wish I would of just got this one from the jump. I bought this light for my Glock 19 4th Gen and it fits perfectly right out of the box. Install takes about 2 and a half seconds. In terms of size, This light is wider than the Olight PL-1 II VALKYRIE which may make it impossible for certain people to holster but honestly doesn't hinder the gun at all. Considering it literally takes 2 and a half seconds to dismount and reattach the light to my Glock I can use the light on my rifle which I love but it makes me feel like I bought the wrong flashlight for my rifle since this one is half the size and about 12x the brightness. I will be buying another one for my rifle in the near future when it goes on sale.